Wednesday, June 5, 2013

PhD topic found

Finally decided on my PhD topic in Maternal Mortality Rates. A colleague passed on due to complications during child birth the past week. We had a talk among my female colleagues and we discovered so many women, have been loosing their lives during childbirth. I was so affected by the talk that at that point all I could think of was how sad it was for all the women's families, all the babies left without a mother. All so disheartening. 
Next morning I woke up and it dawned to me. What had been done to prevent Maternal Mortality Rates in Kenya using ICT? I embarked on a research and do far nothing as far as my research goes. I have more research to do but I finally know that I found the topic, or the topic found me.! So here begins my journey. It's very exciting and we will make it. Updates coming soon. 

2 comments:

  1. its sad to imagine that one would lose a life trying to give life. this is a worthwhile topic to research on. Keep up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this new found PhD topic all the best Vicky!!

    ReplyDelete